Followers

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

All Dressed Up Stamps and Dilly Beans Stamps are sharing the SPOTLIGHT at Southern Girls Challenge this week!

All Dressed Up Stamps has some great images for us to use at Southern Girls Challenge-this one is called Mirror Mirror and I LOVE it!  Perfect card for that Tween in your life..  Our challenge this week was for something with texture so I chose design paper that has some embossed bling on the birds tail feathers And the addition of some charms to the dressing table and hanging from the buttons. 
I've had these in my stash just waiting to find the chance to use them: perfume atomizer on the table, and a pearl glazed mirror and red nail polish bottle.  A mat of dotted swiss Bazzil frames the image~and I inserted some shiny silver mirrored cardstock in the oval mirror shape. (you can see the computer screen in the reflection).
***********************************************************************

 I also decided to do another image from one of the other sponsors, Dilly Beans Stamps-they have some great images also!  The one I used is called "Hooter Framed" and such fun!  I mounted the copic colored image with a burlap styled mat.   I framed him in a Memory Box die cut that has a tree insert with green & cream punchie branches for some texture.  The "ribbon" that's got the copper ribbon slide through it is actually the trim edge on the design paper-more and more companys are using pretty trim for their advertising.
 There you go-2 choices of great stamp organizations that will help you come up with some brilliant ideas to enter our 3 week long challenge.  Come check us out and join right in with your creation!









7 comments:

  1. Carolyn, you are a marvel! I love both your cards, but that all dressed up one takes my breath away a bit! Fab design concept, fun papers and those sweet charms. Inspired! Big hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, you are so sweet! I'm glad to hear that you liked it-I can't wait to send it to my Granddaughter!

      Delete
  2. My goodness! Both cards are great! That Dressed up card is adorbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel!! I'm so glad my "hoarding" paid off and I had some of that mirror paper! LOL I prefer to call it "collecting"

      Delete
  3. Two wonderful cards, but that owl is so darned cute!! I love how you did all the foliage and that little buckle is such a great touch! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamellia thank you so much for your comments! They are so appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Love both cards Carolyn! I love Dilly Beans and your owl is so fun with the added details and great coloring. Your girl getting ready is beautiful and the mirror is wonderful! Great cards! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete