Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day with my GUITAR CARD!

When I found this card pattern, I KNEW that my paper hoarding...Yes, yes I AM a paper Hoarder...would come in handy.  Through the YEARS I've collected quite the Theme paper-->wood, metal, grains, textures, material, etc., so when I saw the wood portrayed in the pattern I knew I had some like it.


How perfect is it that my husband, in his spare time, also runs a Guitar shop here on our rural property.  I share the love of those beautiful musical instruments and he taught me how to play back in our high school days! I wanted you to see it opened up so that you could see the "strings" going across the  sound hole in the card.  I was lucky that I had some black/silver heavier metallic thread around that I would stick it through the holes on the bridge (at bottom) and secure them on a notched place on the top of the card.  They sure look like strings-on the bridge I used Tim Holtz's mini bronze brads to look like tuning pegs. 


You can see the striped die cut oval that holds the canvas sentiment:  Anyone can be a Father;it takes someone special to be a Dad".  That same striped paper lines the cardstock behind the guitar shape.
Hope you get some neat guitar ideas from this example--I'm thinking of an electric one next!  Happy Father's Day!!!

1 comment: